Monday, October 1, 2012

The Avengers (2012)

Director: Joss Whedon
Starring: Robert Downey Jr, Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson

Running Time: 143 Minutes (2 Hours, 23 Minutes)
USA Release Date: May 4, 2012

MPAA Rating: PG-13
My Rating: 9/10

Spoilers ahead!


Synopsis:  
Nick Fury of S.H.I.E.L.D. brings together a team of super humans to form The Avengers to help save the Earth from Loki and his army.

My Thoughts: 
This is a movie I've been meaning to give my thoughts on since seeing it when it premiered in theaters back in May. I usually don't watch many superheroes outside of Batman, so I went into this knowing very little but it truly exceeded my expectations. Both Iron Man movies, Thor and Captain America: The First Avenger were titles I saw once, but brushed them off as movies worth seeing once but never again. The Avengers, on the other hand, is a title that includes action and even comical moments from all the Marvel characters (Iron Man, Hulk, Captain America, Thor, Black Widow, and Hawkeye) so you just know how great it's going to be even without seeing it, though looking at the box office gross, I'm sure not many people haven't. It's the only title I was willing to pay full price (well, actually far from the MSRP) for when it was released to Blu-ray. As someone who rarely pays more than $5 for a single title, this should be enough to tell how much I enjoyed and recommend it. If that's not enough, perhaps this is enough evidence: IMDb User Rating (as of 10/1): 8.5/10 from 366,234 users

1 comment:

Open forum, feel free to post your thoughts on this movie here...