Monday, January 14, 2013

The Dark Knight Rises (2012)

Director: Christopher Nolan
Starring: Christian Bale, Tom Hardy, Anne Hathaway, and Joseph Gordon-Levitt

Theatrical Release Date: 20 July 2012 (USA)
Running Time: 165 Min.

MPAA Rating: PG-13
My Rating: 8/10


Synopsis, provided by IMDb:

Eight years on, a new terrorist leader, Bane, overwhelms Gotham's finest, and the Dark Knight resurfaces to protect a city that has branded him an enemy.


My Thoughts (spoilers ahead!):
The third and last film of Nolan's Batman trilogy is now complete. We watched Bruce Wayne (Christopher Nolan) lose his parents to a armed robbery, lose his girlfriend to a psychopath, and now meet his maker with the assistance of one leader: Bane (Tom Hardy). As in the past, the dark knight has to protect the city of Gotham as well as himself from evil, the only difference between now and in the past is he's got some help: officer-to-be-detective "Robin" John Blake (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) and Selina (Anne Hathaway), otherwise known as Catwoman. This movie was fantastic, but that's no surprise when you look into the film history of Christopher Nolan. If you've seen Batman Begins and The Dark Knight, there's no excuse why you shouldn't check this one out, it's potentially the greatest Batman movie since Tim Burton's masterpiece in 1989.

If this wasn't enough, I believe the ending left a possibility of another sequel or at the very least a runoff of the Dark Knight trilogy, starring our newest introduced character Robin (or as pointed out to me, would be "Nightwing"). At the moment, I haven't heard of any talk of Nolan making another sequel or additional movie but it's definitely possible.

I'm solely disappointed I missed this in the theaters, but I couldn't find time during the scheduled showtimes at my local multiplex to go so I just waited until it hit Redbox and rented it for a buck-fifty. Granted this movie would have been worth the $10 at the multiplex, I've learned to just wait for movies to come out on Blu-ray and watch it in the comfort of my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Open forum, feel free to post your thoughts on this movie here...